1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crystal Reports and Cold Fusion how do they work together?

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by wango, Dec 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wango

wango Thread Starter

I want to be able to develop, build and deploy a dynamic Web applicationssuch as being able to access records in database and modify them. I also want to be able to search the database for a document (pdf or text) that is stored in the database or whose link is stored as a string in thte database,and open it (the doc) in a browser. I have read a llittle about the fact that a combination of "Cold Fusion and Crystal Reports" can do the trick. Is this true. I am asking because I have never used either one of those prodict. Can someone tell me whether I am on the right track and of not, why not.

If I have to download a trial version of ColdFusion do I get the Studio or the Server?

Wango

2. Rockn

Rockn

Crystal Reports is not a database and is a reproting tool for writing custom reports. ASP can do everything you are talking about with a file system object. I would think CF could do all of this by itself. Perhaps you could use a combination of ASP and CF

3. wango

wango Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. However, my outfit has crystal reports already and I have learnt the following from a cold fusion site:

http://www.coldfusion.com/Handlers/index.cfm?ID=1545&Method=Full

Article: "Integrating Crystal Reports and Cold Fusion"

that one can intergrate Crystal Reports and Cold Fusion. I just do not know exactly what "ColdFusion" app to intergrate "Crystal Reports" with.
    is it the "ColdFusion Server" or the "ColdFusion Studio"??

I want download a trial version of one of those two and test drive it.

Wango

4. Rockn

Rockn

You have to have the ColdFusion server to run a CF web site or a host that has CF Server. Looks like the CFREPOT tag is part of the server package so that's all you would need.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61882

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice