1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crystal Reports - What to Purchase?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ATRITPutz, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATRITPutz

ATRITPutz Thread Starter

I have been assigned the task of purchasing Crystal Reports for our group of companies. Trouble is, it's been YEARS since I used this program, and I need someone to guide me down the lighted path of knowledge so we make the right purchase. Here's what we have:
    Windows Server 2008
    Remote Desktop Connection is used to access the database we will utilize with CR for all but 8 users (who are ethernet connected to the server).
    Approximately 26+ users, but not all of them will need to run reports.

Questions we have are:
    How do we determine what to purchase? Is it based on # users, server requirements, database we plan to use it with........???

I've called the SAP folks, but sometimes they have a tendancy to speak in IT language and not English... :(

2. ATRITPutz

ATRITPutz Thread Starter

I've been notified that our company may be changing our network environment from RDC to a VPN. From a software standpoint, I am conflicted about purchasing anything until this decision is made and implemented. Does anyone have anything to offer on this subject?:confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice