1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crystal Reports???

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Melissa, Dec 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Melissa

Melissa Thread Starter

I am using a proprietary banking software which uses Crystal reports, and I am running it on a Windows 2000 Professional computer (128MB memory, 17GB HD, and an 800MHz processor). Whenever I try to print from the program (any type of network printer - Have not been able to test it with a local printer because one is not available), it locks up and I get a Windows error saying "The Win16 subsytem may be unstable. Press Ok to terminate the Win16 subsystem or press cancel to leave it running". From there I need to close the application. I have contacted the makers of the software and basically they have no answer, all they say is that it is a problem with printing from Crystal reports. I know nothing about Crystal reports.... Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem. I have tried basically everything from re-installing the software to updating print drivers. I can print fine from any other application on that computer. There are also two other people who use this application and they print fine (one running W2k and the other W98). Just up until recently it printed fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Is the banking system software running on some kind of terminal emulation software in a DOS window? You might just need to tweak the environment variables to get it to function properly. I am almost positive it's not Crystal Reports, but you might want to check theur knowledge base for this error. If it runs on a btrieve db engine you might need to configure that to run Crystal Reports

3. Melissa

Melissa Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply...The banking software is not being run in a DOS window, and it is not being run on a btreive db engine. I will try the Crystal reports knowledge base, but let me know if you have any other suggestions.

4. Rockn

Rockn

What is the environment as far as database and other software being used. Also, what is the network OS, Netware, Windows NT?

5. ksuwyldkat

ksuwyldkat

Not meaning to but in...

You might check for these two files

crpe32.dll and crlax32.dll (they may or may not have the 32 in the name) and see about updating these. One way would be to check the ones on the systems than can print and compare to the ones on your machine.

Just a thought

6. Melissa

Melissa Thread Starter

It is an NT 4.0 network and the only other software running on the computer is Office 2000. The application is run off the server and I checked the directory and it looks as if it is an Access database.

I found two files CRPE.DLL and CRXLATE.DLL . Are those the files that you were refering too?

7. ksuwyldkat

ksuwyldkat

Yes, sometimes they are listed with the 32. Right click on the files and compare the file size to the ones on the machines that work. You can also check the versions as well.

8. Melissa

Melissa Thread Starter

Thanks, will try that on Monday.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61027

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice