1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

crystaldiskinfo shows disk not found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Walker79, Dec 16, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. Walker79

Walker79 Thread Starter

I downloaded the zip file of crystal disk info and extracted it and right click on the exe file and run as administrator well unfortunately the app shows disk not found.

I'm at a lost what to do or why crystaldiskinfo shows disk not found.

Note I have a 1 TB hard-drive.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs ie exact motherboard, exact hard drive, etc, etc. There are a LOT of 1TB drives so post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts.
    Next how is the drive connected ie via sata port on the motherboard, SAS, via a controller card, what?

What are you attempting to accomplish running a third party disk program?

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Like most HDD tools, it won't always see external drives. I've never had any issues with it recognizing functioning internal drives.

Otherwise, as noted above, more information is required.

4. Walker79

Walker79 Thread Starter

It is a Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 SCSI interface device

It is a internal hard-drive

5. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    That appears to be a basic 1TB Sata drive.

Just to cover the basics:

Is the drive actually working and just not showing up in CrystalDiskInfo? ...or are you trying to use the software to test the drive because it's not working?

If the drive isn't working, verify the data and power cable are properly attached to the HDD and the data cable to the motherboard. Also verify if the drive is recognized in the BIOS and then by Windows in Windows Disk Management. Also, if listed in Windows Disk Management, check the drive status.

If the drive is working and simply not recognized by CrystalDiskInfo, it's likely a software glitch.

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

When I do a search on the part# you posted, it comes back as SATA not a SCSI. You need to be SURE of what drive you have AND how is it connected ie directly to the motherboard, through a controller card, what?

7. Walker79

Walker79 Thread Starter

The drive is working and from what I can tell there is no problem with the drive.

My problem is the drive is really old so I want to run CrystalDiskInfo to see if it is time for me to get a new drive.

I don't know if it is windows problem or controller problem why CrystalDiskInfo is not seeing it.

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, ALL drives fail; it is simply a question of when the drive will fail. In any case, you should always have a current backup of anything important.

If you are not getting a SMART warning, the drive is currently healthy.

Run the drive mfg's diagnostic on the drive if you want to check the drive's health. Running third party programs is not really going to tell you all that much.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice