1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cs 1.6 steam problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by kEniTiX, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kEniTiX

kEniTiX Thread Starter

1.6 previously worked, but now when ever i try to connect to a server, it says 'add counterstrike to my games list, you have chosen to add countstriek to my games list clcik next, then tells me to put in my cd key, and then tells me existing half mod has been found and tells me to download it again, which i have downloaded the full 800 meg version of 1.6, i can still play 1.5 but iwsh to play 1.6 , please help =(

2. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

stay with 1.5 because steam1.6 is coming to a close i think

3. McTimson

McTimson

No, if anything, 1.5 is coming to a close....

Try uninstalling Steam, deleting all of it's registry files, and installing it again.

4. kEniTiX

kEniTiX Thread Starter

ive tried reinstalling many times, which registery files are u talkin about, where are they located? after uninstalling the folderes that are left behind are the config, errorlogs, skins.

5. McTimson

McTimson

Click start->Run, type 'regedit' (without quotes), and hit OK....that's the registry. Look under HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Valve -> Steam, or something like that, or maybe it's under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, I'm not sure. But it's somewhere in there, delete those reg files, and try again.

Oh, and before you change any registry stuff, you chould make a backup of it... (File->export, make sure you select 'Entire registry', pick something to save it as, and save it.)

6. kEniTiX

kEniTiX Thread Starter

thanx for the help, but it doesnt work get the same error msg telling me to download again, i guess my 1.6 days are doomed =( hehehe

7. McTimson

McTimson

Make sure you do a complete virus check and spyware check as well...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice