1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CS 1.6 USB Headset HELP!

Discussion in 'Games' started by xXRoNiNXx, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xXRoNiNXx

xXRoNiNXx Thread Starter

I just bought a Logitech 350 USB headset for my computer. I got it all installed and working by adding new hardware, but I couldn't get it to work for play CS 1.6. I have used other headsets before that weren't USB, but I dont think thats the problem.

2. Mayor Quimby

Mayor Quimby

dont know the solution. but i would have just gone with regular headphones that connect directly to sound card. All the driver are already installed. Just gotta go to setting and set up the volume you prefer. Another positve side is the free USB slots.

Like i said, i dont know the solution. But like almost all usb device, did a icon in the right bottom corner pop up saying it detected a new hardware? IT usally does when a new USB device is connected. Even did it with my mouse, when i switched with my previous mouse which was USB.

3. in3rt!a

in3rt!a

does it work at all with the computer? like when you listen to music?

and is it the mic that doesnt work or the headphones?

4. Dr3w

Dr3w

its most likely a driver issue, did a cd come with the headset?

5. xXRoNiNXx

xXRoNiNXx Thread Starter

The thing is I had it working perfectly on my computer. I added it as new hardware and even tested the mic part of the headset to make sure it was working. I don't know what it is, but I think it might be that CS 1.6 can't use USB headsets or something.I hope not though cause that would friggin suck

6. in3rt!a

in3rt!a

well is it just the mic that doesnt work?

7. xXRoNiNXx

xXRoNiNXx Thread Starter

No. It worked prefectly when I ran the test hardware wizard. It's the making it work with Counter-Strike part that's giving me trouble.

8. in3rt!a

in3rt!a

make sure youre not looking over an option in CS, like "enable voice in this game" or somethin like that.

9. devilsod

devilsod

check your audio settings in cs (i'm only saying this if you haven't already done it) are your voice or speakers settings on and not muted (i.e. not turned down to nothing)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/427537

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice