1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CS lan issues

Discussion in 'Games' started by Reggie Ray, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reggie Ray

Reggie Ray Thread Starter

i'm on a college campus and i know there is a CS server running all the time, b/c my buddy runs it, anyway the lan server doesnt show up on my lan games, no matter how many times i click refresh... i have no friggin clue whats goin on.. i'd appreciate it if someone tells me what to do and how to get it up so i can play.
    -reggie

2. McTimson

McTimson

Make sure your CS filters aren't messing anything up.

Since it's a college campus, and there are so many computers, maybe it's under a different IP subnet, and your LAN is a different one than his? I have no idea how the netowrks on colleges work, but maybe he should try and create a private server that's not on the LAN, and just password it or something, so other people can join.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163343

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice