1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved CS Ps4 keeps crashing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by buffalowinter, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. buffalowinter

buffalowinter Thread Starter

I have tried to read as many forums, posts, and whatnot, why does my CS Ps4 keep crashing?

More specifically, I have a DELL Desktop Inspiron 24-3452 with a 64 bit OS, 8.00 GB RAM so I thought it would be no problem installing and activating my Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium, no issues.

Then upon using my Ps it freezes up and disappears, sometimes in eight seconds or 90 seconds, but always the same.

I had installed a Dover disc of fonts, then I uninstalled Suite and reinstalled, my Ai works fine so far no issues.

I love using photoshop 3 and with my newer DELL I thought I would use and learn my CS4 software.

Can anyone please assist me in this matter, thank you in advance if you consider it.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  2. buffalowinter

Maybe I have been misled, I have to make the supposition that Adobe after taking a little over 3,000 dollars of my money for the Creative Suite 3 then Creative Suite 4, so I can learn and use such applications as photoshop, I now have to come to the conclusion that if I would like to use the photoshop software that I have to give Adobe money every month for the right to use photoshop, sheesh.

And no one here knows anything about this practise?

3. buffalowinter

Seems as if you answered your own question, no one here is going to speak up, sooooo, I am SOL apparently, oh well, I did not really think this would work anyways.

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    What's your operating system ?

5. buffalowinter

Windows 10

6. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    I've read that the newer versions of PS CC will only work in W10.
    It wouldn't surprise me that W10 has updated and killed the earlier versions of PS.

You might want to get a trail of Photoshop Elements 19 and see if it works in W10.
    Other than some web tools, animation and video, Elements has all the image editing tools of the full Photoshop.

I've been wondering if it might be a good idea to checkout Gimp.

7. buffalowinter

Thank you Noyb, I would not be surprised either, I suppose from a business stand point it makes more sense to charge a monthly fee instead of a newer version every couple of years.

I really love my Ps3, but I did download Gimp and will teach myself how to use it, alas all that money spent on and time learning Ps to now learn something else, oh well at least Gimp is a free trusted and useful digital image manipulator.

When I went to college I used Aldus Pagemaker which was cutting edge at the time, amazing how far we have come.

Again thank you for taking the time to respond helpfully.

8. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    It your problem is a Microsoft <> Adobe "money hungry" problem ....
    You might want to switch to the Elements (one time charge) Versions.

New tools worth purchasing in Photoshop, such as content aware ....
    used to show up in Elements first.
    As I remember, Content Aware didn't show up until CS5 ... that's why I have CS5
    I think the elements Content Aware is a little faster in Elements than in CS5

It all depends on what you use PS CS for

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    buffalowinter likes this.
  9. buffalowinter

Thanks again, I am going to try the 30 day trial of Photoshop Elements to see how it feels to me after using CS Ps3 for so long.

I use the general term, "digital image manipulation", I, like many others create memes and similar images to communicate, I was asked by a Pro-Police page on fb to create memes specifically for them, I of course enhance my own family photos not ridiculously but subtly, also photo restoration with stains, rips, creases, and other assorted maladies put upon people's photographs, and finally I create different images for my Hockey blog.

All of this is strictly amateur, it is what I enjoy, I am certainly no professional.

10. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Good luck, All the tools have been renamed and moved.
    Let me know if this works.
    I think Content Aware will be a new tool to you that's really useful.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    buffalowinter likes this.
  11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219979

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice