1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cs:s

Discussion in 'Games' started by xLostSoulx, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xLostSoulx

xLostSoulx Thread Starter

I'm currently borrowing my friends Steam account so I can test out CS:S on my computer before I purchase the game. I have tried the 3 day demo from Steam, and it didn't work, but I only had three days to fiddle around with it.

This time, I have the game for about a week (or however long I ask for it) so I can try some things that you may suggest. Anyways, my problem is my FPS. While taking the test, I get around 20-30 FPS while going around but 40 FPS when going near the door near the end of the little test.

While in game, by myself ("New Game") I get around 10 FPS while playing and 10-20 FPS while looking at a wall / ground. In CS (not source) I can get around 60-100 FPS.

When I attempt to the change the game settings (video) the game exits (like normal) and either shows the Microsoft error reporting, or displaying an error. I have tried using a autoexec.cfg file that my friends gave me, but that also just crashes the game while attempting to join a server.

My computer specs are:

Intel (R) Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz (Dual Core)
    632 MB of DDR Ram (PC3200 (200MHz - 2 256's) and PC2100 (133 MHZ - 1 128))
    2 IDE HD (one 74 GB and one 20 GB - both IDE)
    Intel On-Board graphics card 96 MB (Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Contoller)

I think I have told you everything you need, if I have missed something than please reply! So what I was wondering if anybody knows anything on how to fix the game, and I am aware that I should go buy a Nivida Graphics Card, that is on my to-do list and so is ram I just do not have the cash. Thank you, and Kind Regards!

2. Cildaten

Cildaten

What are you trying to change the settings too?
    That onboard card wont let you go far. If you push it past its limit, then thats why it may be crashing. (Unless your trying to change them to a lower setting?)

3. xLostSoulx

Oh of course I am attempting to change the settings to a lower setting. I am attempting to change everything to low! I don't mind how the graphics look, as long as I can make out the characters! ;)

But yes, I should have been more clear. Sorry.

4. like 45 ninjas.

like 45 ninjas.

It sounds like your integrated graphics card cannot handle one of the settings that you are setting it to. Update the drivers and try again. I don't think its the problem though and I'm thinking of other solutions now.

5. xLostSoulx

I have updated my drivers and unfortunately no luck. If you've ever played CS:S there is a shader option and I think that is what is causing my lag.

My friend just bought a new computer, about the exact same specs with a Nivida Onboard graphics card, so I am thinking that I need to upgrade my graphics before I can play.

Kind Regards.

6. d4rkside

d4rkside

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice