1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CS skill

Discussion in 'Games' started by guitarist968, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. guitarist968

guitarist968 Thread Starter

I have been playing Counter-Strike for about 2 1/2 years, and I have never gotten better. I go on servers and no matter what I am always the one losing.

Is there anything I could do to play better?

2. McTimson

McTimson

Yea, stop playing. ;)

Just learn where people go, try to consistently aim for the head, choose appropriate weapons, stuff like that.

Also, play it a a resolution that your system can handle - don't play at 1600x1200 if you only get like 5 fps.

3. guitarist968

could you tell me what fps is?

i don't know and i always hear about it.

4. McTimson

McTimson

fps stands for frames per second - it's how many frames get displayed on the screen in that second. Lower resolutions generally get higher FPS, but look worse, while high resolutions loof great, but get worse FPS. A good FPS range for CS is anywhere between 30 and 100 (100 is the max).

Oh, and you can see your FPS by bringing down the console (~ key), and entering 'net_graph 1', net_graph 2', or net_graph 3'. Each does basically the same thing, but just outputs it differently. I prefer 3 myelf.

5. guitarist968

how can i check to see what it mine is?

6. McTimson

McTimson

heh...sorry, edited it as you posted.

7. guitarist968

i checked my FPS and it is 60. I guess that is OK.

8. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

lol seeing what fps u have wont make u a better cs player!

9. McTimson

McTimson

True, but if it gets down to a really low number, then that will make you a worse player, as you get less reaction time. As long as the fps stays high, there's not much you can do, but if it gets low, then you will be 'lagging' somewhat while other players can kill you.

10. guitarist968

i know the FPS wont make me better. McTimson said 30-100 is a good FPS, so I figured 60 was ok.

11. Shadow_555

Shadow_555

I found that playing vs bots like [pod] bot inproved my skill greatly, helps and if u get bored of cs online, play with them :D

12. Murdoc2k

Murdoc2k

according to a website I've read... the AVERAGE SAFE FPS level is "45"... u need at least 45 FPS "on average" to have a steady game play... if you keep dropping then that means u will lag alot in terms of graphics and your computer just can't handle it

13. guitarist968

well my computer is a brand new HP and it seems to hold an FPS of 60 at all times, so it is fine.

14. Doomsday123

Doomsday123

I suggest joining a "l33t" server, as they are called. Playing against really good players improves your skills the fastest i think.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168575

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice