1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CS Source game crashing.

Discussion in 'Games' started by swix, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. swix

swix Thread Starter

I just downloaded/installed CS Source, whenever I open up the game it freezes on the loading screen then I get the following error - The instruction at "0x106ae32c" referenced memory at "0x0e42a1a0". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.

I have tried
    -Reinstalling CSS and HL2

I have
    -ONE 2Gig stick of ram
    -Latest sound and video card drivers
    -Latest DirectX

I tested my computer and it passes the minimum and recommended requirements for the game with flying colors. I run CS 1.6 just fine.

I've read all help forums about this problem and it seems as though none of them provide the answer to my problem, any help is greatly appreciated.

2. swix

swix Thread Starter

A little update to my problem. I've figured out my drivers for my video card are outdated. The most current drivers are 14.31.1 for the Intel GMA 945, unfortunately, the only drivers available from Dell support are the outdated drivers, and when I attempt to install the drivers from Intel.com, I get an error saying "The driver installed is not validated for this computer, please get the driver from the manufacterers website" or something of the sort, I've tried downloading the driver from many sites but can't seem to figure out how to get the driver installed on my PC...

I am about 75% sure that my outdated video drivers is causing my game to crash, so anyone that can help, please! It would be very much appreciated.

3. line.ex

line.ex

I cant really comment on the drives, except try to contact dell about it to see if you can get it resolved. There may be a reason for using the old drivers.

But the GMA isnt a great graphics card... at all, well at least for gaming reasons. Replace that if i were you if you want to play games on your computer well.

4. Zeroday

Zeroday

You should go to dell.com , go to drivers and updates, enter your service #/tag thing that is on top/side of your computer , then it will ask for your make and model, enter that - then they should have a list of updated drivers for everything.

Or you can just call, and have the Dell guy walk you through it.

5. Killazys

Killazys

You really don't have a good graphics card at all. CS 1.6 has mediocre graphics compared to CS: Source which is probably why you can run it. Graphics media accelerators cannot handle "new" 3D games.

6. swix

swix Thread Starter

Oh... I did that test to see if my PC would run it and it was all the way at the end of the graph past the "Recommended settings" saying I could run it. Well I'll try that guys, thanks!

7. swix

swix Thread Starter

Update: Checked Dell with my service tag, same drivers are there, I also called them, they didn't know what to do... Any other suggestions?

8. swix

swix Thread Starter

Anyone? :(

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/664827

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice