CS : Source Won't Run!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kevinx22

Okay, this is making me mad now. I've tried EVERYTHING.

I installed Call Of Duty 2 yesterday (Which didn't work. < Minimum VC Req.) And then I was like whatever, so I got on Steam, tried to play CS:S, and it..didn't run?..I Double-Click and it says "Preparing to Launch Counter-Strike Source..." Then the box closes and nothing happens. I checked out Task Manager and hl2.exe comes up for about 1/2 a second then closes. I hope I can get some help.

Here's what I've tried so far :

-Uninstall CoD2
-Reinstall Steam
-Reinstall CS:S
-Restart Computer

But another thing..2 or 3 people said to go to Start, Run, type msconfig, but I can't do that! I'm running Windows 2000, which is most likely the problem.

I'm thinking of reformatting.

Thanks for your help.

By the way, I'm sure this is because of CoD2.

What'd they want you to try with msconfig? It just so happens that XP's msconfig works great in 2000 =D!

http://www.perfectdrivers.com/howto/msconfig.html

Download that and drop it into Windows/system32 (might be WINNT/system32 in 2000?).

After that you'll be able to do the Start > Run, msconfig like people were telling ya.

Kevinx22

I did the config I needed to do, yet CS:S still won't run.

BTW, it's the same for any HL2 based games.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online