1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CS2 Photoshop loads, image won't open in canvas

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by iceisnice, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iceisnice

iceisnice Thread Starter

I've the CS2 version of photoshop. Suddenly no images load up. The program loads, the selected images is visible in the pallete on the right (doesn't matter the format, jpg, tiff, RAW etc). but nothing will allow me to get the image to open further. I've tried dragging, rebooting, reinstalling the program...same thing happens. I've seen other postings, but not this. Help! iceisnice.:confused:

2. slipe

slipe

Have you used File > Open? Photoshop can be picky about dragging or copying an image directly.

When you first boot the program, Ctrl + Alt + Enter (all at once) will let you reset all of your preferences. I have no idea what you could have set that would cause that, but one never knows.

Worst case – uninstall and reinstall the program.

3. lister

lister

It could also be that thw window is offscreen; try Window - Arrange - Cascade.

If not, the reset your preferences as Slipe mentioned - you'll get a confirmation dialogue if you do it correctly.

4. iceisnice

iceisnice Thread Starter

Ok, no luck. I tried the reboot with the contrl-alt enter all at once, also completedly reinstalled the progam, and tried the windows>arrange>cascade--suggestion. The selected image does show in both the navigator and layers palletes.
    Jeb "iceisnice"

5. slipe

slipe

Did you get the dialog box lister mentioned when you booted with Ctrl + Alt + Enter? I guess that is an irrelevant question if you uninstalled the program and reinstalled since that usually eliminates the preferences.

Do you have these two entries for your image under Windows? And is the one at the bottom of the long list checked?

Could you post a screenshot with an image in the navigator and layers palettes with the Windows dialog open?

Attached Files:

6. iceisnice

iceisnice Thread Starter

Yes I could post an image in both the navigator and layers palette

7. slipe

slipe

Since you don’t want to post a screenshot look at mine. Is your image showing and checked in the Window menu? CIMG3696.jpg is the file name of the image that is showing in the main screen as well as the palettes. The checked image in the Window menu shows that it should be a window in the display.

Cycle through your display options with the F key. I’ve heard of the image being pulled off to the side and the F key will cycle through displays that will center it. If you can see the image using the F key get back – there are ways to pull it back.

Also look at the bottom of the screen to make sure you image isn’t minimized – it will still show in the palettes if it is minimized and another isn’t open. If it is minimized click one of the boxes (preferable the double box) and it will appear.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591715

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice