1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CSGO - Disc Error at the end of downland

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dom1x, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dom1x

Dom1x Thread Starter

I have a problem with CSGO downland. The problem occurred with the last update, while it was downlanding it suddenly stopped and said that it had a "DISC ERROR" or "DISC CORRUPTED". I have tried to change downland region, clear downland cache and reinstall steam but it did not help. It is very strange as every other game installs correctly on my pc without any problems. I really looking forward to get help from you guys.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

If a disk error occurs, the first thing to do check the disk. Right click on the hard drive, choose Properties > Tools tab > Check button

3. jagsthecat

jagsthecat

There is a bug on steam that causes this to happen.

The following steps should help sort it, I did a fresh install a month ago and had the same issue.

When you get the error hover your mouse cursor over the CORRUPT DISK text and it will show you the path to the file it is trying to download.
    Go to that file and rename it with .old extension or something like that.
    Then try to update again. It will attempt to download the file and usually this works the first time, but if it fails try again.
    I haven't had to do this more than twice with any update.
    Once the update finishes successfully it will try to remove the update files from the download folder, but it will not remove the file(s) you renamed so you'll want to manually delete those.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1206051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice