1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CSI dark motives language pack

Discussion in 'Games' started by designerchic, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. designerchic

designerchic Thread Starter

Hi guys, I'm new to this site and have read the posts for the language problem with the csi dark motives....the link for the language pack when I download it, it is not downloading as an executable...and therefor I can't open it to install. Can someone help me with this as I really like my game but don't know alot of french...lol

2. DerekC

DerekC

3. designerchic

hi derek, and thanks for the welcome! No it's still coming up as a binary file and not an exe...won't let me open it...lol...don't know what's wrong!

4. DerekC

DerekC

How odd. What's your OS, and what browser are you using?

5. designerchic

My OS is Windows Vista...arrggg...hate it...lol, and my browser is the Mozilla Firefox. I have managed to get the executable (256 kb) kinda small but in any event it didn't work either....I don't understand why this isn't working.....Hope you can help.

6. DerekC

DerekC

Sorry I was away for the weekend. It shouldn't make a difference, but you might try downloading it with Internet Explorer.

The file size looks about right. When I tried downloading it just now, the download lists at 264kb. If you downloaded it, you might try running it as an administrator. (right click the file and choose run as).

7. designerchic

OK, I did what you said and my game is still in french dialog....is there something that maybe im doing wrong?

8. DerekC

DerekC

There only 1 possibility I can think of. The patch automatically overwrites the necessary files. When you originally installed the game, was it installed to its default location? If not, then you may need to uninstall the game. Reinstall it in its default location, and then try the patch again.

Otherwise if the steps at ubisoft's website don't work. Then you may have to contact them for further help.

9. designerchic

Thanks Derek, I will try what you said but I do have one question, may sound stupid to you but how will I know if it is being installed to its default location?

10. DerekC

DerekC

When you install the game, it will ask you where you want it installed. Don't change anything just go with all the defaults while installing.

11. designerchic

ok will do, now here's another question for ya....I have Dracula Origin...installed everything and seems to work fine until you want to start a new game...then I have a blank screen...got any suggestions...lol

12. DerekC

DerekC

What kind of video card do you have?

13. designerchic

It's an ATI Radeon HD 3450 graphics I also have a 9 and 1 reader card

14. DerekC

DerekC

I don't know much about that game. A google search brought up a patch, but it is for Nvidia cards, I don't know how it would work with an ATI card.

I would suggest updating your video card driver, and perhaps your DirectX.

15. MistyDawn

MistyDawn

Hi,

I was having the same trouble...file wouldn't download as an executable link in Firefox (3) so I used the suggestion here and got it successfully using IE.

But the exe file wouldn't actually do anything when I clicked it, so I had to do the work manually by right-clicking the file and extracting the files to another folder, then placing them in the designated places. For example, CaseText_3.csi would go in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\369\CSI-Dark Motives\Case_3\Data\CaseText_3.csi

You'll be overwriting each of the files at their respective locations. Good luck to you if you're still trying to solve this.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/813373

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice