1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CSS footer menu

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Dougj, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dougj

Dougj Thread Starter

I want to learn how to build a full CSS footer menu exactly like what is seen on this page at the bottom.

http://www.samsung.com/us/#latest-home

I have started to see this more frequently lately and like the look, layout and ease of use.

I have taken a couple of cracks at trying to build one myself. First I tried to use a site map and reorganize it to make such a menu. Next I tried in joomla to use my main menu in the footer position and have it open all the time. Finally I tried to reverse build the one from the site I mentioned above.

All effforts have failed. I have built one using tables but that so not what is best moving forward.

Does anyone know of some good, clear, accurate instructions for doing this??

Thanks D.

2. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    You make a footer container div. Inside that you put a div for each of the columns and in each of those column divs you put your links in an list. If you view the code of the page you will see how they have built it. Use Firefox as your browser and the Firebug plug-in and you will be able to explore all the html and css and see what tag is doing what.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice