CSS footer menu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dougj

I want to learn how to build a full CSS footer menu exactly like what is seen on this page at the bottom.

http://www.samsung.com/us/#latest-home

I have started to see this more frequently lately and like the look, layout and ease of use.

I have taken a couple of cracks at trying to build one myself. First I tried to use a site map and reorganize it to make such a menu. Next I tried in joomla to use my main menu in the footer position and have it open all the time. Finally I tried to reverse build the one from the site I mentioned above.

All effforts have failed. I have built one using tables but that so not what is best moving forward.

Does anyone know of some good, clear, accurate instructions for doing this??

Thanks D.

colinsp

Colin
You make a footer container div. Inside that you put a div for each of the columns and in each of those column divs you put your links in an list. If you view the code of the page you will see how they have built it. Use Firefox as your browser and the Firebug plug-in and you will be able to explore all the html and css and see what tag is doing what.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online