1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CSS Layout Problem

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by lora_3677, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. khaki

khaki

and seriously.... you should just post it over there
    (what have you got to lose?)

(you can always run away and come back here if they treat you rudely)

2. lora_3677

lora_3677 Thread Starter

*******AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _

Me running away and screaming.. LOL!!!

3. lora_3677

lora_3677 Thread Starter

I'm going to buy a book that is coing out next month. second edition of a bok that is now out of print and impossible to find.
    CSS:seperating presentation from content

4. khaki

khaki

okay LO....

Moz doesn't like this page :

(this is 2 screenshots stitched together.... just so you know)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. lora_3677

lora_3677 Thread Starter

odd.... it's putting my footer inside my content and it's changing the size of the left column.. eventhough it is set to a size and so is the graphic... AND it's not picking up the right colors..... the text is supposed to be WHITE
    links blue.. but text WHITE

well... crap!

6. lora_3677

lora_3677 Thread Starter

i'll test it tonight in NN and see what it does...

7. khaki

khaki

it'll probably look EXACTLY like that screenshot (Moz and NN interpret things almost identically... although I think that Moz may be smarter than NN)

8. lora_3677

lora_3677 Thread Starter

Yeah.. i found one prob.. obviously IE is VERY forgiving... I had the column width at 135 and graphic at 200... OOPS!!

so that is fixed... so i just need to to fix that on all pages and then tackle the footer deal....

i'll probably get that done this weekend.

i was able to download mozilla here just to test stuff on .. but it won't connect to the www... but it's good for testing my files before uploading.

THANK YOU!!!! You are awesome!

9. Gibble

Gibble

...hmm...I should check these development topics more...I didn't even realize you were still having problems :(

Sorry.

10. lora_3677

lora_3677 Thread Starter

LOL!! that's ok, Gibs. No big deal. Not really problems... just cross browser crap that is frustrating.

I have the site done now. K, I really can not figure out why mozilla is closing my content box before putting in the columns... the blue bar that you see across the top is actually the top and bottom borders of the content box. The only page that displays correctly is when I have a graphic that goes across the content box... so i guess if there is nothing in it, it just closes it... and the weird thing is... NN shows it correctly.. it's only a mozilla thing and since it doesn't really mess up the page that bad, i'm leaving it. so now i have IE, NN and Moz downloaded at home.... guess i might as well find opera, too. LOL!!

www.preciousgemscattery.netfirms.com is FINISHED!! for now.. gotta add new pics of the babies thursday.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!