CSS low FPS for unknown reason?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nickelodeon

hey,

I recently purchased Counter strike source and I am receiving pretty laggy gameplay so I did a video stress test and I am getting 33 FPS at the most. I lowered resolution and every video option which made the FPS 55 but graphics were extremly poor so I put them ointo medium and I now get 45 FPS.

I friend of mine has similar specs to me except my graphics card is a bit better and he get rates of at least 70. His specs are Pentium 4 2.4ghz, 512 ram and GeForce FX5600 256mb and a net speed of 512 kb/s.

My specs are P4 3.01 ghz, GeForce FX5700LE 256mb, windows xp pro and 512 ram.

I have updated drivers and am still getting bad FPS.

My net speed is 512kb/s and I get a ping of around 60 on an average server.

Have you ran a chkdsk, have you checked to see how freggmented your hard drive is .
do you have direct x 9.0c
have you used windows update recently .
do you have all the updates from stem when you fire it up .. maybe when you fire it up the game ( cs S ) is still updating the game .. to see this right click the steam icon in the system tray and select MONITOR and then it will show you if its updating or not ..
have you run spyware program ( s) adware programs or have you run your anti virus program lately ..
what servers are you connecting to LOW ping times or HIGH ping times .
in the game browser you can select regions as well to slim the list down to your area europe , USA ect.. check your settings in game ..
also what is the refresh rate that your running your game at .. to check that right click the desktop select properties >settings tab > advanced >monitor tab and see what it is set at .. faster refresh rates make better performance ..
tick the box that say "hide modes that monitor cannot display" then select the highest setting for your monitor .. accept the changes if it looks ok ..
then in the game check the same options ..

hope this helps .
i have a crap 9600 256MB ATI card and i get about 70 fps . with [email protected] speed and a 2400+ AMD processor . all settings on high .
who knows it works differently on different machines ..
cheers

nickelodeon

On games such as condition zero and normal CS I get fine gameplay. I have got the latest Direct x, I updated on win update, removed al spyware and adware, and my refrech rate is at its max (75). Im defraging my computer now but I dont think that will do much.
What rates should I use in the game in terms of cl_updaterate, cl_cmdrate and rate?

nickelodeon

ok did a defrag no diference still cant get past 30 FPS and gameplay is veery dogey. Any other sugestions anyone?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online