1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ctrl+c and ctrl+V not working in command prompt windows 7

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by nanakwame10, Sep 28, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. nanakwame10

nanakwame10 Thread Starter

Hi I am having problems using the shortcut combination keys
    ctrl + c and ctrl + v.
    I have tried several other options including running the sfc /scannow and shutdown & reboot options but nothing happened.
    I went though the usual option of right click > option on the cmd window and nothing happened.
    Can anybody help?
    Thank you

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Those shortcuts do not work in a command window. You can use the Right-Click copy/cut and paste options instead. Unless, of course, you don't have a working mouse

3. nanakwame10

nanakwame10 Thread Starter

well the work on my desktop PC in the office with same OS so why shouldnt it work on m laptop. There has to be a way out. i know its a problem i need to get fixed

4. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
  5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You can Copy text from a CMD window without using a Mouse this way :-

with Alt held down press Space then E then K
    use arrow keys to move the flashing cursor, hold down Shift and use arrow keys to select the text you want to Copy
    Press Enter

the text you selected is now on the Clipboard and can be Pasted with Ctrl + V as usual

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    For some strange reason ctrl+C and ctrl+V doesn't work on one website in my browser (you can substitute program, like Word here), click on Edit. Select Copy. When I have my cursor at the location I want, I click edit again and choose paste.
    It's not logical that it doesn't work on just one website when I try and post a reply, just as it isn't logical that yours works on the office computer but not your home computer. Until you can figure out the cause, you'll need to use a workaround.

7. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    Some websites attempt to protect their content by blocking copy. Snopes used to be a good example of this tactic.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233580

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice