CTRL+C/X/V Not working :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dnpsmash

Hi, I hope someone can help me out.

A few days ago, some of my keyboard shortcuts stopped working for me. As far as I know, the only shortcuts that refuse to work with me are:
  • ctrl + c
  • ctrl + x
  • ctrl + v
  • ctrl + t (this one used to work until literally just now while I was testing it)
I don't think that this is a hardware issue because (oddly enough), the following keyboard shortcuts DO work.
  • ctrl + w
  • ctrl + n
  • ctrl + p
  • ctrl + d
I have already uninstalled my keyboard drivers and restarted my computer several times.

This problem affects me across Firefox, Chrome, Line...

The only thing of note that happened to me before this started happening is that Firefox updated and kicked my old data into a folder on my desktop.

I desperately hope that someone can help me out; my googling so far has been fruitless.

Hi, welcome to the TSG Forums.....:D

Before messing around with the software, drivers and so on, how about something really simple like dust on the keyboard contacts?

Don't blow on the keyboard to clean the contacts - your breath is full of water-vapor which is really not a good idea. Use a commercial can of dry pressurized air which you can purchase at any computer shop. Alternately use a really low-tech device such as a photographers rubber-bulb which photographers use to blow dust off of lenses.

As graphic art is my other passion and I have a lot of photo kit, I use the photographers rubber lens bulb and it works just fine. if you don't know what a photographers squeeze bulb is then I have attached a photo.

images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

T.

dnpsmash

I have pried off the keys for the relevant letters ( and ctrl), yes.... and no, they all seem to be just fine in terms of grime and dust. Not to mention, it's not like those keys never work, I can ctrl+a just fine and hit my c's and v's and whatnot... :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online