1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

.cue files?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by [email protected], Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jay@Dub-00

[email protected] Thread Starter

:(After D/loading a 3CD set I found after unraring them that they have the ".cue" file extension, I tried to burn using Nero but can't get anywhere also, There are 3.cue and 3 Mp3 files, the Mp3 files are each too big to fit on a CD. Is there a program which will do it or do I need to convert them to something else?
    Can anyone help?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Cue files contain image information for CD image files. They come paired with .bin files that actually contain the image information (and are larger). Many programs will burn bin/cue files. Nero can burn them, too. Just choose the .cue file when using the image burning option.

DietMp3 is an amazing program that I use often. It can shrink mp3's to less than half their original size and I hear little loss of quality.

3. Jay@Dub-00

Can't get nero to "see" .cue files, even tho' the file is showing the nero icon (?) If I try to burn the mp3 its too big to fit on a cd... I'm gonna try find DietMp3, Thanks for the reply!

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Cue is listed in the file type options in Nero. You need to burn a cue/bin pair as an image and not just burn the files to CD. Images are usually burned (in the full Nero) under the Recording tab, depending on version. Or use Project or Disk Image in Express.

5. Jay@Dub-00

Hmmm, When I try to add files in nero express only the .cue files show, not the accompanying Mp3. When I tried to burn the .cue file yesterday (FoxburnerPro) I just got 7.5 minutes of the entire CD image. Now I've got Dietmp3 and I've shrunk the Mp3's so that will do for now, ,Thanks for your help

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752968

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice