1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cup of urine a day keeps ailments at bay

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Raeli, Sep 3, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. Raeli

Raeli Thread Starter

Thu Sep 2,11:11 AM ET

BANGKOK (AFP) - Drinking urine can eliminate sinus trouble, turn grey hair black and even cure cancer, a Thai academic said, citing a study of local Buddhists who engage in the unorthodox practice.

Ratree Cheepudomwit, of the Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine Development Department, said hundreds of urine drinkers attested that consuming a daily cup worked wonders for their overall health and helped slow the ageing process.

She said that in June she queried 250 members of Santi Asoke, a strict indigenous Buddhist movement believed to have thousands of followers, and 204 respondents said they had learned from ancient Buddhist manucripts that drinking one's urine improved health.

"Of the respondents, 87 percent confirmed that it had head-to-toe benefits for them, including for example reduction of dandruff, grey hair, sinus problems and cancer," Ratree told AFP.

The medical elixir was not easy on everyone's system, as about one in 10 urine drinkers suffered diarrhea afterwards, but the practice should not be viewed with disgust, she said.

"Other groups of people who drank urine were Buddhist monks who practised in accordance to scriptures which are more than 2,500 years old," she said.

Story Link

I'll take the grey hair and aging, thank you. :) ;)

2. Gibble

Gibble

*gag*

3. littlemar

littlemar

Heard this on my way to work this morning - think I'll pass but thanks anyway. :)

4. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

I'd rather have the sinus trouble! ;)

*retch*

5. Rockn

Rockn

No thanks, you can have mine!!

[​IMG]

ENJOY!!

6. Gibble

Gibble

I can see it now...NEW AT STARBUCKS!

7. gws226

gws226

hahahhaha......... maybe it turns your hair black, but it probably leads to cronick bad breath rotten teeth, and a sudden downturn in your social life :p

8. angelize56

Turns you into a real peebrain! ;)

9. angelize56

And it gives a more definite meaning to the term potty mouth! ;) :D

10. unmutual

unmutual

:eek: :( :confused:
    Just make like a dog and drink from the fountain...toilet.

11. dai

dai

when i was an apprentice baker,i worked with a bloke when we were ready to start work would drink a glass of urine,followed by a glass of vegie oil,he did this 6 days a week for the 3.5 yrs i worked with him.
    i always thought he was a nut case

12. moonmist

moonmist

Ok thats just gross...........and im waiting for 700 to show up and say "Piss Off" :D

13. CoasterFreak

CoasterFreak

First Name:
    Everett
  14. valley

valley

yes, I'll add my "ewww" to this thread too! [​IMG]

I'd rather die than drink urine. Wait scratch that...if I was stranded in a boat and dying from dehydration, then I might think about it. But I'd have to be delirious and out of my mind first. [​IMG] I still hope I wouldnt under any circumstances, certainly not voluntary ones!

15. angelize56

You left this wide open for Mulder Val! ;) :D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269698

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice