1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Curious Driver Install

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JoeyG, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JoeyG

JoeyG Thread Starter

Hello I just finished replacing a HDD in a Dell Laptop Inspiron 1545 Windows 64 Bit.. Upon the install on a completely NEW HDD, I noticed I did not have to install any drivers.. Which is great, But, How did they do that?, This the 1st time I ever replaced a HDD and Fresh OS install that I did not have to install drivers for WiFi, Display, Audio, etc., Did they store them In The BIOS? I am just curious.. And pleasantly surprised..

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You had that rare fortunate occasion where all the device drivers were in the Windows disc database. (y)

It's usually a good idea though to download and save and copy all the device drivers to external media BEFORE you do a clean reinstall of Windows.

I currently have 4 computers(all Dells) that I keep their device drivers in separate CD-R's.

----------------------------------------------------------

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Thread Starter

Thanks Flavalee!! I did save the Drivers folder from old HDD, I always do when possible, Just couldn't believe it when I didn't have to install them, 1st time ever!!

4. rainforest123

rainforest123

Never mind.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I had a Dell laptop with Windows XP that I saved the Windows 7 drivers for before I made a clean install of Windows 7 in it.

To my surprise, Windows 7 installed drivers for all of its devices.

It's rare, but it happens. :)

--------------------------------------------------------

6. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Its a wonderful surprise when it happens lol!!!!! it sure saves you having to hunt around for them and then having to download and save them on a cd for future use.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice