Cursor ceasing

Kaseil

some weeks ago my cursor started acting jittery and like it was ready to die. I was using one of those default basic mouse that comes with a store bought pc because they fit my tiny hand best lol but they are cheap so i figured it was dying from using it so heavily for 3 years. replaced it with a simple wireless mouse, using another usb port also. worked fine for an hour, then jittery again.
i had tried a few googled suggestions with mouse settings and reinstalling drivers. nothing worked, i figured it was my RAM. i did have a separate issue with my RAM being hogged so I start working that out.

long story short, some errors and a pc reset later, the rest of my pc functions are fine now. RAM use is down to a normal level, everything about my pc is happy and snappy. but after a day, my cursor is mostly dead. can't click, can't move, doesn't matter which mouse or usb ports. sometimes it'll shift an inch and die again. but i can't even use my pc because it has gotten this bad today

Try this, it may work for you. It did me.

Go to device manager and Scroll down to USB controllers, check the properties and make sure that the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option is unchecked. Do the same in the Human Interface Devices.

Reboot and hopefully it will be fixed.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online