1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cursor flashing with 'Working in background' cursor every second

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by DJ-P0N3, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ-P0N3

DJ-P0N3 Thread Starter

Firstly, please excuse my lacking of computer knowledge, I'm merely a scatterbrained teen looking for some help. I'm not even sure this thread is in the right place.

I've looked around the web for the longest time for a solution to this problem, but have found nothing but advice on restarting the computer, which does nothing to help.

This flashing cursor is very annoying, and not only is it a visual irritant, but ever since it started to flash, my computer has been running slower than usual. I've checked task manager for any strange or unusual processes that might be trying to run and keep failing and restarting, but everything seems normal there.

Currently I'm running a virus scanner to see if any malware has tampered with anything, but so far no risks there besides the usual few tracking cookies.

For now, to keep me from pulling my hair out from the massive irritation this problem brings, I have went into the mouse settings and changed the 'working in background' cursor to the regular pointer to keep it from visually flashing.

I'd be very grateful if someone could be of some assistance; for if this is causing some hazardous problem with my computer, simply hiding the flashing cursor will do no good.

-
    On a different note-
    About two weeks ago my computer crashed with a blue screen(as it does often, though it doesn't appear to mess with anything and seems only more irritating than destructive[Typically each blue screen states that the crash was due to BAD_POOL_CALLER). After my computer rebooted, there was a popup stating that my copy of Windows was not genuine, and than proceeded to place text in the bottom right corner of the screen saying the same thing. After about a week the message disappeared from the bottom right corner. I vaguely remember the same thing happening a few months ago. Should I be concerned at all, or were these merely errors?

2. Presto-X

Presto-X

Where you able to get this fixed? I'm having the same problem... it started about a week ago, I did not get any type of blue screen but damn this working in background thing is bugging me like crazy...

Any one know what we can try to find out what may be causing this?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1053394

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice