1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cursor Hesitations

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SeattleDan, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeattleDan

SeattleDan Thread Starter

This happened on a previous computer running Vista Home. The cursor will temporarily freeze/hesitate with the new hardware recognized, sound alert. With the previous computer, after much grief, it was determined the processor was failing.

This is an entirely new assembly with Windows 7 - 64 bit installed.

Mobo: ASUS m2n68-am se2
    CPU: amd athlon II x2 245
    Socket AM3 (938)
    Bios: american megatrends INC - version 0704 - 05/19/2009
    4 gigs DDR2
    Nvidia Ge Force 8800 GT
    Creative SB X-fi Sound Card

All drivers are current.

No matter what mouse I use, this cursor hesitation with the new hardware sound alert happens and is happening with continuing frequency.

I set up an alternative wireless mouse, and I'm currently switching back and forth, when one fails the other one works.

2. JohnEric

JohnEric

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!