1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cursor Loosing Focus In Search Box

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Deke40, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

I don't know if I can explain this so here goes.

Normally I can call my library site up and the cursor will be blinking in the log in box and then I call up YCIII and make sure my pin is highlighted then hit F8 and shoot it to the log in box.

My problem now is when I open YCIII it takes the focus away from the log in box. When I put the cursor back to log in box then it minimizes YCIII and I have to start all over and over.

I don't think I have made any changes to my 1 week old laptop to cause this to change from working the right way.

Also after using this program and closing it it disappears from the system tray.

2. Deke40

Deke40 Thread Starter

Just to let you know this problem has been resloved.

Now when I have my login box of choice with the cursor blinking in it up and load Yankee Clipper the focus does leave the box but when I highlight my entry in YC and click the F8(shoot) and close YC the cursor focus goes back to the login box and the pin appears there.

The only difference I can see is now the YC program doesn't disappear from the system tray as it was previously doing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757281

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice