1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cursor with a mind of its own

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vesuvian, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vesuvian

vesuvian Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. A few months ago I had a computer tech reformat my laptop. He installed Windows XP. Anyway, the problem right now is a jumping curser. When I am typing out anything, the curser will randomly jump somewhere else into what I have already written. Thus I will be finishing a sentence or paragraph not at the end but often in the middle of what I have already written. Before the laptop was reformatted it never did this. I am not sure if it had something to do with this. If I don't keep a closer eye on what I am doing a the writing can look like this:

I have neproblem before and it has me baffled.ver had this

It is like my shift keys and or curser randomly decides to go somewhere else on the page and continue writing there instead.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    is the mouse on the notebook a touchpad? if so, clean it and see if that helps

3. vesuvian

vesuvian Thread Starter

right now i am using a wireless mouse. since reformatting my laptop, there have been a few usb issues which i believe were fixed when downloading service packet 2. The problem with the usb was that my laptop was identifying the usb ports as "unidentified". i was able to use my wireless mouse on the usb port but not my digital camera in a usb. but after downloading service packet 2, like i said that problem went away.
    I am not sure if this might be connected to the current problem or not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331687

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice