1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cursur Stuck in Excel 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by NCCU84, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NCCU84

NCCU84 Thread Starter

I cannot use excel 2003. Once I click a cell to input, it acts as if I am trying to select the entire worksheet. It totally freezes and I have to go to the windows toolbar to close out of the program. When I do get out it gives me no error messages! Any suggestions? It only freezes when I click in any cell.

Thanks

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hello there,

Can you describe exactly what is happneing here? You are just clicking a cell? Does this happen in any other programs? Do you have any addins installed? Can you select a toolbar before this happens? How about keybaord commands?

3. NCCU84

NCCU84 Thread Starter

I can access the toolbars before I click in any cell. As soon as I click in a cell, it will not allow me to type in it and when I move the cursor it shades the cells. this only happens in Excel. Everything else is fine. There are no add-ins.

Thanks

4. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Try toggling your F8 key.

5. NCCU84

NCCU84 Thread Starter

It is working now....thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!