Cusinart PG-17745 Mixer Won't Start

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Evanco

Hello, I have a Cusinart PG-17745 that does not turn. When I press the on/off button, it makes a clicking noise, but the motor is completely dead. Does anyone know what this is? The motor doesn't even seem to be trying to turn.

No way to tell from here. You'd have to start tearing it down, testing along the way to find the culprit. If it is the motor, replace it and put it back together.

Drabdr

First Name
Brad
With the power off and unplugged, test to see that the mixer turns freely. You can do this by turning the gear on the bottom of the mixer container.

Also test the gear on top of the mixer; make sure it turns freely.

Evanco

Well, the circuit board has no loose connections. The motor spins if I turn it by hand, and it doesn't hum like it is struggling to turn if I power the unit up. The On/Off button obviously works because I can hear a relay click when I press it. I have no idea what is wrong.

Drabdr

First Name
Brad
Evanco, it seems that mixer has an overload shut off. It indicates it resets itself. I guess this one didnt reset.

It did say it had a three year warranty.

Evanco

Evanco, it seems that mixer has an overload shut off. It indicates it resets itself. I guess this one didnt reset.

It did say it had a three year warranty.
Well the power is on still, and when I press the button I can hear a relay engage.

Drabdr

First Name
Brad
I’m sorry. I’m just not sure where to go from here. I’m sure it’s something to do with the motor but I can’t imagine what.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online