1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Custom build computer having ONGOING bluescreen error

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by NeedaBitofHelp, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NeedaBitofHelp

NeedaBitofHelp Thread Starter

So I have a custom built (by myself) PC and I'm pretty good at diagnosing computer problems for people as I do it as sortof a hobby of mine. The ironic thing is that my custom PC has an ANNOYING bsod problem that comes and goes that I can't seem to get rid of! The bsod code is 0x0000007E and looking it up doesn't really help.

I've had 2 harddrives fail, both I'm pretty sure are related somehow. I've replaced my graphics card, memory, and harddrive. I've updated ALL drivers for everything as well as reinstalled windows multiple times over the years. Even after all this, this bsod seems to never go away. Sometimes it is one of many random bsod codes which I got tired of writing down cause they were so random but this one by far is the most common so I think it's the culprit. The others are very, very rare.

I've had people come take a look at my dump files, run major stress tests...etc with no luck on finding a solution or even triggering the bsod, it seems totally random.

I just did a 'sfc /scannow' and it returned that there are damaged files it cannot repair. I don't know if that could mean anything since I've reinstalled windows 7 many times which doesn't help. I also did a dxdiag system report for your review if anybody would like to try and help me find the problem.

I'm open to ANYTHING if you think it will help, any offers of help would be greatly appreciated.

oh, and for quick reference....

Code:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8190 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 610376 MB, Free - 392833 MB; E: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 149027 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., EP45-UD3R
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Attached Files:

2. Rockn

Rockn

Are the hard drives truly defective or is the data on them just corrupted? Looking on Google there are issues with the onboard LAN and disabling it and using an add on card solved the BSOD's. DO you have all of the latest and greatest drivers installed, especially for the chipset and HDD controller?

3. NeedaBitofHelp

yes I check my motherboard's driver updates about once a month for changes hoping one will be the fix but no help sofar. I've also run some programs which check all hardware for missing or outdated drivers and have updated everything that way as well.

One harddrive was a SSD (my first one) and I LOVED how fast it was. About a year in, it completely failed and my computer couldn't even see it. Luckily it had a 3 year warranty so I got it replaced but now I'm afraid to use the new one. My other is a 500GB hdd and once in a while DOS mentions that my startup files are corrupt, system files are corrupt, or that files are just... missing. I've since then upgraded to a different hdd which is a 750GB and sofar the only ones it's said is damaged startup files once in a while but they are always fixable.

4. jamwaky

jamwaky

5. NeedaBitofHelp

Sorry jamwaky I see this site doesn't support the use of registry cleaners. (which to me is quite odd, but it's fine to have your own views) But that doesn't really have anything to do with my problems. I was simply mentioning the steps I've taken to ensure my computer is running as smoothly and problem free as possible. I've edited my post to remove that part so it doesn't become an issue here.
    ------

As a side note, the reasoning why registry cleaners DO indeed help is this... If I gave you a 10,000 page book and told you to read it, it would take a very long time right? Now if I ripped out every page that didn't have any useful information and it became an 8,000 page book, would it save you time? of course. Now I agree in the wrong hands by the user or a bad programmer, they CAN do damage if not used correctly so I'm guessing that is why they are not supported here. But as I have said, I am very knowledgeable with computers and the system registry and have done my research for programs.
    Anyways, not trying to cause trouble, just mentioning my thoughts on the matter.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!