1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Custom Built PC will not turn on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kxbi, Jul 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kxbi

kxbi Thread Starter

I’m building a PC and have finished assembling. However when I go to turn it on it does not work. PSU connectors are all correctly placed and the PSU is on.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, first of all, no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

Next have you read the guide at the top of the hw forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your no POST condition.

3. kxbi

kxbi Thread Starter

I have followed the post to completion but my issue still remains. I had previously had the fans and the LEDs in my build up and running but I got no display. I checked if my CPU was correctly placed and after returning it to my motherboard my current problem began.
    CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 2700
    MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK
    GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX 1660 Ti

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

So you followed ALL steps including swapping parts ie motherboard, cpu, pw supply, ram etc?
    Next you need to post exact specs including the exact pw supply.

You are not by chance connecting the monitor to the motherboard video port are you?

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I will be OFF for the rest of the night. Good luck with the troubleshooting.

6. Noisi

Noisi

i had the same issue, the small 2 line cables that come from the power switch to the mobo in my case were wrong guy laughed at me. 4 days being mad at just plugging in the cables in the wrong spot. id start there.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229808

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice