1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Custom Computer Case Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sleekluxury, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sleekluxury

sleekluxury Thread Starter

Alright...this is the question i have. Does anyone know where you can get a case that can be customized to have your name on the side, either just painted on there somehow, or have the name carved as a side window so that when the computers turned on the neons inside will show through the name only and make it have that neon glow. Does anyone know if there's a place that does this? If not, do you think air brushing it on there would work?

2. brianF

brianF

moved to hardware forum

3. milomorai

milomorai

falcon northwest will do custom case designs for around $400. you can use an airbrush-just be sure to use the correct type of paint.

if you feel really adventurous, you can get a dremel tool and cut the side of your case yourself.

hope this helped

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Here in Mexico I can find you someone into hieroglyphics, except here I think they call it graffiti
    :D

Are you sure you want this in random? Oops, someone else moved it to hardware, guess that's good enough ;)

5. sleekluxury

Thanks milomorai :) (y)

$400 bucks though? I think i'll research the air brush instead :D
    Dremel tool huh? Hmm....maybe im not sure about that, have to
    ask my friend about that one. :D (y)

6. korgul

korgul

Check out this site they have howto's on cse modding. I got alot of great ideas from them when I first started to mod my cases.

http://www.7volts.com/casemods.htm

One of the things that I had done to an older case I had was to stencil my online name on the side. I bought a pack of the normal stencils at the local craft shop. I painted my case flat black and then used flouresent orange for my name. I used almost a whole can of the orange, I just applied coat after coat, letting it dry between. When I was done I had raised letters. That was fine for a bit but decided that I needed something diff so I sanded the paint with 400 grit sandpaper. ( I did not go all of the way through to the metal) I then cleaned it, painted it with flatblack spraypaint and sanded again. I did this about 10 times then used the orange again only this time I was a good 2 feet from the case and did short 1 sec bursts so that I got a speckled look to it. I then used a clear coat to finish it up. The end result was a nice shiny paint job with embossed letters on it.
    Unfortunatly I tried my hand at putting in a custom window and messed the whole thing up. :( :( :(

If you use a dremel just take your time. My issue was not with the dremel but with mounting the plexi glass. I still have the case. (future project for rainy day) I can take some pics if you want to see what it looked like.

korgul

7. john11m

john11m

If i were you, i'd do a sencil/paint job (like above) on a little piece of plexi-glass (before putting it in), then cut your case and boom, (sounds like john madden) you're name is now in lights.

8. sleekluxury

Thanks Guys.

Thanks Korgul, i'll PM you about that picture, thanks guys (y)

9. korgul

korgul

NP, I will get some pics of the case tonight.

10. flyeater

flyeater

I use a local business for waterjet cutting my side panels. It's just a little more expensive then DIY but much faster. As long as I don't get to small with the cutting it works out great. I simply bring my panel & a DXF file of the logo to be cut. My guy charges by time. The cleaner the cut the more expensive. Aluminum cuts so easy though it's fast.

11. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Hehehehe... Candy that's funny :D

I think the major computer stores have kits that you can buy to engrave things ;)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221346

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice