Custom Counter-strike decal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nothingface

Hello..I need a little help getting a custom decal to work. Using photoshop 7. I made the background 255 blue, and the logo is in black and white. It's 224 x 48 pixels, 11kb after converstion to WAD. Under the menu IMAGE i went to MODE then selected INDEXED COLOR. .I put the file in my Cstrike directory..and modified the cfg file to include the lines:

cl_allowupload 1
cl_allowdownload 1
cl_download_ingame 1

then i tried to spray it in the game, but didn't work..i sometimes get the H logo..sometimes i get my image, but it's like, black..u can barely see it. I think i missed a step. I did what this site said..http://users.erols.com/bribe/sprays/

i also tried those commands in the console, but no luck.

can anyone just quickly list the steps to get this to work..and include like what menu (file, edit..etc) or include a site that has detailed info on this..thanks.

If the logo is black & white you don't need to make it into a pldecal.wad file. Just save it at the right size as a .bmp. Place it in your half life logo folder then select it in the game menu. You only need to make a wad version if it's multicolor.
I find it best to convert the .bmp to greyscale then turn it into a negative. In this way the background, which shouldn't show, becomes transparent.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts