1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Custom embroidery file?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Aceweil, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aceweil

Aceweil Thread Starter

Hey all,
    Im new to the site and was wondering if anyone had could help me understand how to convert this file to dst? Im trying to create an image for embroidery and just am finding myself unable to figure this out. Would really appreciate any help:)
    Thanks,
    Aaron

Attached Files:

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

Hi Aceweil, and welcome to TSG. I've asked a moderator to move this thread to the Digital Photography & Imaging forum. We have a member, Noyb, that can usually help people that request a graphics file conversion to a DST file. You may want to add another post with the desired dimensions (in inches) of the embroidered area. You may also need to specify which areas, if any, need to be filled in with white thread (i.e. all white areas or just the stripes between the other colored areas.

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

How's this look ????

Attached Files:

• Clip.gif
      Clip.gif
      File size:
      154.3 KB
      Views:
  4. Aceweil

Aceweil Thread Starter

Wow. It looks amazing. The only question I had was if it could be made as a 2 inch by 2 inch version? The item I am hoping to place it on can only fit a 2 inch by 2 inch item. Do you think that would be possible? Otherwise, it looks perfect! Thanks so much for the help!

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

At ~~ half the size, We'll start loosing resolution ... Thread is not as good as an inkjet

Attached Files:

6. Aceweil

Aceweil Thread Starter

I can provide the image in a much bigger size...would that help? What if it were this size? Could it be made as a 2 inch by 2 inch DST file?

Attached Files:

• BIG.png
      BIG.png
      File size:
      114.5 KB
      Views:
  7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

No Help ... It's the final stitch size (thread size) that is determining the resolution.
    I'm having to downsize your original for my digitizer.

8. Aceweil

Aceweil Thread Starter

im so useless when it comes to technology:( So is a 2 inch by 2 inch version only doable with a smaller size image? what pixel size would be ideal for that? Im sorry if im asking too much here, just interested

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

The stitch (thread) resolution is fixed ... And so is the needle placement accuracy.
    And it's not very good.
    The smaller it gets, the worse it'll look.
    Measuring it in pixels will be misleading

10. Aceweil

Aceweil Thread Starter

Im just trying to provide an image size that would be capable of being created as a 2 inch by 2 inch DST file. I guess my lack of computer knowledge is making that a challenge. Im sorry if i am not being clear. what about this version?

Attached Files:

11. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

FYI .. the first thing I do is size your image for ~2x2 inches in Photoshop.
    Then I place it on a canvas size of 4.7 inches .. The maximum size for my digitizer (hoop size).
    Then I make it a bmp .. Send it to my digitizer that outlines it as attached.
    then I have to digitize "within the lines" .. at this point, the resolution is fixed

Attached Files:

12. Aceweil

Aceweil Thread Starter

what is the dpi that you are basing the image size on? If i can figure out how to transfer the dpi I can get it to be the 2 inch by 2 inch size you would need. Is that correct? Im just thinking that if I can get the image in the size that is needed 2 be 2x2 resizing or editing wouldn't be necessary? Am I envisioning this incorrectly? I imagine I am way off, but I am so new to this I have no idea :)

13. tweak_four17

tweak_four17

Hi, I was wondering if you would be able to convert these two files for me please? Both about 2.5-3 inches tall..thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

14. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

It's not me ... It's the digitizer as in the attached bmp ..... it does the final sizing .. (downsizing)
    About the only control we have is to edit the image so it's not as detailed ... or add/remove where necessary.
    You might say that :D :D

15. Aceweil

Aceweil Thread Starter

so what needs to be done to have it look as amazing as the initial file, but as a 2 x 2 version? I am so lost now. I guess the question is what needs to happen (be provided) for it to look as perfect as it does in that initital version, but as 2x2 rather than 4x4? a bmp file that is 2 x2??

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065820