Custom PC Not Booting Up

PabloHenrique

Hey guys I don’t know if I’m posting this in the right thread but I’m having trouble building my pc. I built it but it doesn’t wanna boot up. The LED on the motherboards light up but nothing else turns on. Could anyone help me please????

Would be glad to but we need all your hardware specs.....brand/make/model. Examples of how not to list parts; 500 watt psu. or 16gb or RAM.

PabloHenrique

700W ATX Cooler Power Supply
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI GTX 1660 Ti 6gb
1tb Seagate HDD
500GB SSD Samsung Evo
B450M Steel Legend Motherboard
HyperX DDR4 16GB

Last edited:

crjdriver

First of all, have you read the guide at the top of the hw forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your no POST condition.

Common errors for new builders;
1 The 8/12pin aux/cpu pw connector is not plugged in
2 Motherboard shorting to ground due to incorrect placement of standoffs
3 Parts not compatible [does not seem to be an issue in this case]
4 One or more items not fully seated ie ram, atx pw connector, aux pw connector, etc
5 Cooler or heatsink fan not installed correctly [more an intel issue than an AMD issue since the AMD type coolers are pretty much idiot proof]

Pablo how are you coming along with this? usually all fan spinning and lights means other you may need to reseat your memory) and / or change slots, as well as it could be your PSU but unlikely. In my experience when this happens it's a slight part errant install like not fully seated memory or a loose ATX 24 pin or your PSU CPU header is loose. tell you what, reseat your memory | 24 Pin | CPU header firmly see what happens.

Last edited:

PabloHenrique

That's exactly how not to list parts.
PSU.....what brand is it....make/model
RAM....what model number and speed
Pablo how are you coming along with this? usually all fan spinning and lights means other you may need to reseat your memory) and / or change slots, as well as it could be your PSU but unlikely. In my experience when this happens it's a slight part errant install like not fully seated memory or a loose ATX 24 pin or your PSU CPU header is loose. tell you what, reseat your memory | 24 Pin | CPU header firmly see what happens.
Hey, the pc is running now but I get no display when I plug in the HDMI. I’m still trying to figure out what it is.

1. connect DVI cable to monitor
2. connect HDMI to DVI converter to other part of monitor cable
3. connect HDMI converter to NVIDIA output port

OR
connect DVI cable to DVI port on NVIDIA port

PabloHenrique

1. connect DVI cable to monitor
2. connect HDMI to DVI converter to other part of monitor cable
3. connect HDMI converter to NVIDIA output port

OR
connect DVI cable to DVI port on NVIDIA port
Imma try it out. You reckon removing the gpu and trying to plug into the motherboard could work?

Imma try it out. You reckon removing the gpu and trying to plug into the motherboard could work?
No exactly the opposite, you should connect monitor to NVIDIA card not motherboard integrated GPU.

You must also ensure BIOS GPU settings are properly set, but I'm afraid of giving you advice on BIOS,
BIOS GPU setting at your own risk

PabloHenrique

No exactly the opposite, you should connect monitor to NVIDIA card not motherboard integrated GPU.

You must also ensure BIOS GPU settings are properly set, but I'm afraid of giving you advice on BIOS,
BIOS GPU setting at your own risk
I’ll try it now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online