1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Customer reviews

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stonespirit, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stonespirit

Stonespirit Thread Starter

I am buying a computer system for gaming... but here's the problem. I went to two sites that were recommended to me (Cyberpower and Ibuypower) but before ordering, I checked out their customer reviews... seems they were really bad.

Now my question is where can I find out which site has the fewest problems? I know that mostly only people who have had problems will bother to post, so I'm trying to take that into account.

Is Cyberpower really as awful as the reviews would indicate? I had configured a great system there but the reviews said that MANY of their systems were dead on arrival. At least one review said they had replaced the chosen parts with cheap subsitutes. (specifically the mother board and chip)

Short of googling every site out there that sells systems...what can I do to be sure I am dealing with someone I can trust?

2. techno_lust

techno_lust

I started building about four months ago. I have built three pc's now. I have bought about 40 items from them without a single incident. They ship a good product fast.

3. techno_lust

techno_lust

Newegg...............

4. winbob

winbob

Long and short of it, you can't!!! :(

You can ALWAYS find someone that will have a complaint about a vendor, and someone who is in love with that same one. :rolleyes:

I think you will find that if you can decide on the Specs for the system you want, then there is no reason NOT to build it yourself with those same Specs.

That gives you options. Buy parts locally, or online. You may save some buck$ online, but then you have that faceless entity to deal with.

I generally buy stuff on sale at Fry's, Best Buy, or rarely Circuit City. I like the return policy at Fry's the best.

5. Stonespirit

Stonespirit Thread Starter

I don't want to build one though... I just want a prebuilt but configure-able at the site one. Newegg has no systems that I can see...just parts.

6. techno_lust

techno_lust

build it yourself. It's easy. a few hours of research and you will be on your way. I will never buy a ready made PC again. If you build it yourself you will come to understand the way things work and your computer experience will be much more fun

7. techno_lust

techno_lust

For about 850 bucks, ( new retail ) , you can build a pretty nice system from scratch and that includes a full copy of windows at 200 bucks.

8. techno_lust

techno_lust

I was at Officemax yesterday and they had the 300 dollar, " total package " special including monitor, mouse, keyboard and speakers stacked at the entrance. I think the brand was Compaq.

The box said it was "optimized " for AOL. Although I'm not sure what they mean by that. I am thinking maybe they ship it screwed up from git-go so you don't even have to do that yourself anymore ......................

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/374621

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice