1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Customize toolbar in Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by vonnymcd13, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vonnymcd13

vonnymcd13 Thread Starter

Hello-
    I know this probably sounds really rediculous but I have been trying to get my toolbar to open multiple links at the same time. I'm not sure if I am sayint this correctly basicly I want to be able to have more than one website open at the same time instead of it going over each website I have open so I can only have one open at a time. I thought it would be a very simple task but i have tried everything to get it back and I can't. HELP!!! It's driving me crazy. Now of course I can have multiple documents open at the same time but not webpages. I would love to know how to customize this darn thing as it is soooooooo annoying. I thank you for your time.

With Sincere Regards,

Vonny McDonough

2. John Burns

John Burns

If I understand you correctly, you want to keep one web site open and then open another web site without closing the first? Have you tried clicking CTRL/N (that's the the "Ctrl Key" and the "N" key at the same time? This will open up a new window without deleting the first one and you can then open a second site there. Do the same thing on the second site to open up the 3rd site, etc. Hope that helps, if that is what you are trying to do.

3. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

First off lets start with the first question - Which toolbar? The Quick launch bar that is built into Windows XP? Or Something in the Start menu? or maybe the Office Toolbar?

Second of all you should be able to open as many instances of your favorite web browser as you want and have them all on different webpages are you saying you cannot do that and you are forced to 1 browser window?

Which browser are you using?

4. EvileYe

EvileYe

To ungroup similar items, so you have mutiple instances on your taskbar, do the following.

Right-click an empty spot on your taskbar and select Properties.
    Uncheck the box next to the text labeled "Group similar taskbar buttons."
    Click the Apply button, and then click the Close button.

To have your browser windows open in a new window automatically, try this,

Open a browser window and click Tools/Internet options and select the advanced tab, then Uncheck the box that says "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts"

I think that is what you are trying to achieve.

5. vonnymcd13

vonnymcd13 Thread Starter

I am sooooooooooo Happy now I knew it was something silly like that. I of course did the opposite and checked the boxes that should have been unchecked. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have so many replies I really appreciate all your help it is the best!!!! All I can say is Thank you soo much. I wish I could return the favor but obviously I am clueless when it comes to OS's but I'm tryint to learn.
    Thanks again :)
    Vonny

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331618

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice