Customizing Firefox so Homepage is thumbnails of favorites

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wicked.ludicrous

I'm trying to customize my frontpage so that it is a bunch of thumbnails of my favorites or most visited. If it's possible, I'd like this feature available when I make new tabs.
Is there a way I can get this? Do I have to get an add-on? If so, what is it called?

Don't know that it's any better or worse than what cw suggested as I don't use either but its another option to try if the first doesn't suit your needs

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4810

edit - decided to give speed dial a try and seems to me it will fit the bill exactly for what you want. You have decent control with it, can set buttons to not update snapshots (good bandwidth saver for links to static start pages), can set the update interval for others (works good if you want to say show local weather ... lets you see it without even going to the site), can choose how many buttons you want to show per "group" and something I discovered very quickly that I liked is you can choose to crop the portion of the page you want to show. Quick review is 2 thumbs up from me.

wicked.ludicrous

Alright, I'll try speed dial. I did however see this google toolbar add-on at my work computer. It seems to be what I want in terms of this thumbnail feature, but has the useless toolbar and other useless features.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Probably not what you’re looking for …
But I’ve started working directly from a htm file …
Instead of starting a browser then going to a list of favorites or a front page.

Using this htm file, I can see my primary favorites on one page instead of having to hunt for them…
And when I backup .. I backup to this html file.
This way, I can organize my favorite on one page … organized horizontally or vertically …
instead of a single favorites list organized in folders > sub folders.

I could have constructed this htm file using thumbnails but then I wouldn’t be able to see as much on one page.

I started doing this when the TSG addon for Firefox quit working … and I love it.

I’ve constructed this htm file in Excel … and when I want to change it ..
I just open it in Excel .. Edit it .. And save it.

You can also bury notes to yourself .. such as Passwords, etc .. not shown here.
I doubt that I’ll ever go back to the old way of working.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online