1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

customoffers.com

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lilaco, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lilaco

lilaco Thread Starter

somehow i got on the above companies e-m list and they have sold my name to everybody in the world. i am constantly receiving unwanted e-m from their clients, i unsubscribe (some go thru...others come back undeliverable). i have gone on the customoffers.com web site and asked them to remove me but to no avail. how do i report them and get rid of them????? HELP!!!!

HERB

2. ezymony

ezymony

if you are using OE you can block them but they will still go into your deleted folder best thing to do is set up a hotmail account and give it out instead of your personal address

3. Brooks

Brooks Guest

I had a similar problem with that stupid opt-in network. I still get some from them.

I have been using Mailwasher to bounce back those emails that come from them. It is faster than opening up my email then deleting them, plus I feel like I am giving a little something back to them. And who knows, if they see they are getting a lot of bounced mail from your address, they might actually stop sending you email.

http://www.mailwasher.net/

4. lilaco

lilaco Thread Starter

i use juno as my e-mail provider. i like brooks idea & will take a look at mailwasher.

there must be some agency to report these idiots to......does anyone know where to complain to.

thanks for both replies

herb

5. padutch

padutch

Been using Mailwasher for some time now and it is great. After you mark an email to bounce the next time it is sent to you it never even comes into your PC. It is deleted from the server.
    I have played with mass mail programs and most of the good ones will take an address off thier list if it is bounced back to them. Try it you'll like it.
    DUTCH

6. lilaco

lilaco Thread Starter

what i would like to be able to do is get to the source......customoffer.com.

mailwasher allows me to bounce all the junk that i'm getting from clients of customoffer and not the source itself.

is there anything else out there that gets me to the source????

the problem is that customoffer doesn't really care about the bounce......they'll just keep on selling my e-m address until kingdom come.

herb

7. hewee

hewee

lilaco,

This may sound dumb but how about getting back on the customoffer.com list and the use mailwasher to bounce there email.

If they are the way it sounds and took you off there list and still selling your address for others to use.
    But if customoffer.com get bounce the maybe the list they give or sell to other will not have your address on it because they think it's dead.

8. lilaco

lilaco Thread Starter

i'm not getting e-mail from customoffer. i'm getting e-mails from companies that they've sold my name to.

i'm not able to mailwash customoffer and can only mailwash their clients which may get me off their list but doesn't stop customoffer from still selling my name to others.

how do i get on to customoffer and get off the main list.

herb

9. hewee

hewee

That was my point. They think your address is good and sell it to others.
    If you get on there list again and bounce it back may you will get off the list that they sell.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64900

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice