1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CUT appears on right hand side of screen!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stonedv8, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stonedv8

stonedv8 Thread Starter

Help, I have tried and tried to get this issue resolved and I cannot find any info (this is the first post on a usergroup). Basically what I have is this about every 2 minutes the word CUT in green letters will appear on bottom right hand corner of my monitor, i can reproduce this same effect by pressing the "Cut" key on my keyboard, yet when this happens I am nowhere near the key and I have actually unplugged the keyboard and it still appears. I am running Windows XP Home Edition, AMD Athlon Processor 2200, 1gig ram, 100gig hardrive and other numerous goodies. The problem started about 1 week ago after I tried using a wireless mouse and keyboard, I installed the software and tried it out yet I did not like the overall performance of these items, and so I immidiatly went back to using my standard keyboard and mouse (I do still use a wireless mouse, just a different version). Since I am no longer using the other mosue and keyboard I uninstalled the software. I believe this never affected the computer until restarted it later on in the day, and ever since it has been doing this. I have tried uninstalling the mouse and keyboard drivers, and letting the computer pick it up automatically, yet still no luck. This would not be such a problem yet when it happens it minimizes my Windows Media Player screen when its in full mode and also minimizes game screen when they are in full mode. And you can imagine the pain it causes me every 2 minutes. Please any help is appreciated.

2. bobol

bobol

maybe move this thread to the hardware forum.....

3. stonedv8

stonedv8 Thread Starter

Ok guys, Well I beleive I have found the solution (At least a temp fix), after booting up my computer I can hit ctrl-alt-del and bring up system processes, I then will shut offf mhotkey.exe and then the CUT will never appear again until I reboot my computer. I have tried searching for this file or program but still cannot find it, any suggestions?

4. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

look for it in msconfig

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!