cut,copy,paste?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

peggy33881

I can cc&p the urls to get a graphic ok, but if I want to cc&p just a line or two in a letter, the whole page turns purple. Is there any way to get just the lines I want? Remember I only have an ipaq which is an internet appliance.

Hi peggy

Its very easy to do... but takes practice.

Set your cursor down on the left side of what you are wanting to copy....
Click & hold down the left mouse button & drag it ( the cursor )slowly across the area you want to copy... as it highlights watch the way you are moving the cursor/mouse over it... if you are highlighting areas you don't want...don't lift the button on the mouse, just back up a little( move the cursor backwards ). When you have finished highlighting, slowly let the button up ...... do not touch the area or click the mouse again until you .......then press Ctrl & hold it then press C so that C is pressed while holding Ctrl down.
Then set the cursor to the left of where you want to paste & click & hold Ctrl & then V. So that V is pressed while holding Ctrl down. That will paste it .

That ought to do it.

Savvy :)

or, once you have your cursor in the area you want, hold the Shift key down and press the Arrow keys. When you have what you want outlined, let go of the Shift key.

peggy33881

That worked great, thanks a lot. I made the mistake of putting the ctrl +a and then pushed the mouse, and the whole page turned purple. It sure is easy when you know how. You've all been such a great help. Thanks!!:p

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online