cuttin off

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tainted_Frog

HEllo, I just signed up with you guys so i hope i do this right.
I have windows xp home and for sum reason it wants to restart.
I went into its proprties and turned off the option to restart computer when error to see what happens. So now it will just go to a blue screen saying that it is dumpin mem. So i was thinkin that i might have a bunch of spy ware on here that is usin most of my mem and the computer needed to restart to gain it back so i check in you guys forums and look for spyware removers and i got the spybot and the ad-aware prog. It is sayin that i am spy free now but it still cuts off. Is there anything i can do to fix this prob????????It kinda sux while playin a on line game and it cuts off on you :mad: thanks for the help

hello and welcome to tsg!!! sorry nobody has replied.
ok the problem is most likely a driver issue. if there is any new programs u have installed unninstall them and maybe try to re-intall,if the same thing happens try and get a different version. if this works could you give the name of the program that is causing errors

Trevor is right, try updating your video drivers and direct X first. See if that fixes the problem. Also could be your sound card. Just think of the resources you are using when it crashes.

Tainted_Frog

Thanks guys. i havent tried it yet but i will soon. i guess that would be a good idea b/c it mostly cuts off when i am playin star craft i let you know how it does when i try it thank again

Tainted_Frog

Thanks guys. i havent tried it yet but i will soon. i guess that would be a good idea b/c it mostly cuts off when i am playin star craft i let you know how it does when i try it thank again

Tainted_Frog

OK.
I feel realy dumb now but can you give me a run down on how to update my sound and video drivers???????

Go into device manager, take note of the model of your video card and sound card. Then go to the manufacturers site and look for driver updates. Download them. Run them and see if that fixes your problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online