1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cutting out and re-booting problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by survivor 98, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. survivor 98

survivor 98 Thread Starter

Lately, my PC running XP Home edition, runs fine for about 10-20 minutes and then quickly cuts to black and immediately goes through the whole rebooting process, only to cut out and repeat the situation. This happens regardless of what I'm working on. It's driving me nuts. On reboot, I get a "serious" error message with the following Error Signature, which I don't understand:

BCCode:24 BCP 1:001902FE
    BCP2: BA 82D 800
    BCP3: BA 82D 4FC
    BCP4: F86323FS OS Ver: 5-1-2600 SP:2_0 Product:768_1

When I click on Details I get:

C:\DOCUME~EDWARD~locals~1\Temp\WERb58C.dir.00\Mini 080206-06.dmp
    ditto.......................................................................\sysdata.xml

If anyone out there can explain and offer a fix, I surely appreciate it. Thanks.

Survivor98

2. Dennis L

Dennis L

If a hardware problem.
    Lets start with the easy one ... memory. When memory sticks start going bad, this behavior is common. Hopefully you have two memory sticks installed on computer (if not, borrow one). With computer off, remove one and turn computer back on. If computer reboots after 10/20 minutes, shut computer off and swap out the remaining stick with the one you removed first. Turn computer back on and do your thing. If computer again reboots ... both sticks could be bad (borrow a compatible stick from a friend, remove both of your sticks). If problem continues, next guess would be power supply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice