CX430 vs CX500 vs CX600

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jo233

The PSU on my PC has stopped working (light blinking at the back). My PC is around 12 years old and I've researched between these four and wondered which I should get. I'll mainly be using the PC for basic things with the occasional game. I created a previous thread about my PSU issue while back and since have done some research and found these four PSU's.

CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 Fixed ATX
CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 Fixed ATX
CORSAIR Series CX600 Fixed ATX
Evo Labs 500W

These are my PC specs..........
- Compaq PSR1360UK
- Current PSU is a Bestac (atx 300 12z) 300W MAX
- Nvidia GeForce GT 630 Graphics Card 1GB
- 4Gb RAM
- Windows XP 32, Intel Pentium 4 540 3.20GHz
- ASUSTeK Computer inc motherboard/PufferM
- DDR-SDRAM

crjdriver

For a basic system, you should be fine with the 500W unit. Do understand that the cx or builder series is for a basic build ONLY; not any type of gaming. Even corsair says on their site it is for a basic build. They [cx series] is fine for normal use, email, web, office stuff, etc. Just do not use it for any type of stressful endeavor.

jo233

For a basic system, you should be fine with the 500W unit. Do understand that the cx or builder series is for a basic build ONLY; not any type of gaming. Even corsair says on their site it is for a basic build. They [cx series] is fine for normal use, email, web, office stuff, etc. Just do not use it for any type of stressful endeavor.

I read one CX series review that stated "In general, this power supply is ideal for work computers, basic workstations and gaming system on a tight budget."

I'll mainly be using the PC for basic things with the occasional game. Here is one game for example I'd be using: http://gamesystemrequirements.com/game/richard-burns-rally

Would the CX430/500 be fine for the occasional game such as the above link?

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
The CX430 will probably will be fine for your system as you don't have a gaming system or gaming graphics card.

jo233

This is a continuation of this thread:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-psu-for-compaq-sr1360.1167548/

---------------------------------------------------------------
Do you think I should get
This is a continuation of this thread:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-psu-for-compaq-sr1360.1167548/

---------------------------------------------------------------
thanks for your replies everyone.

Hey Frank, I wondered your opinion of which PSU you think I should get. The CX430 costs less but should I just get the CX500 for a little more?

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Of course you can get the CX500 for a little more if you want.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online