Cyber Shots/ Freeware?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Miercaky

Does anyone know if there is any place I can go to download a free program that will allow me to take (for lack of a better word) picture's of any web page that I might be on? So that I can e-mail it to whom ever I want? Also, it might help me explain to a tech. what problem I may be having? I've never had any thing like this, but I've gotten e-mail and different threads that have web photos, and I thought it might just come in very handy sometime.

Miercaky

I tried control, print screen several times, but it didn't do anything. Am I doing something wrong?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
After pressing PrtScr (no Ctrl needed), the entire screen on on the clipboard. Use MSPAINT or your favorite graphics editor to save the image. If you hold Alt-PrtScr, you'll get the active program window, not the whole screen.

My $.02= I prefer MSPAINT because it automatically resizes it. With GIMP (open source thing some compare to Adobe Photoshop and MSPaint) you have to create a new layer and figure out the dimensions and whatnot.

And after you do PrtScr and load it onto paint. Save as a jpeg, it (i think) makes a smaller file while looking no different.

Miercaky

I must be slow, I'm still not getting it? I pressed PrtScr and nothing happened. I did it many times using Alt and without using it. But nothing happens. My cursor just flashes when I do it. I'm using XP if that helps anyone? I don't think I have the Clipboard funtion? Maybe I do ?? I have Notepad, and ms paint.

Maybe it's my fault for not explaining it good enough? I want to be able to capture anything I can see on the computer. For example:Lets say I wanted show someone what was on my Windows Start menu so I would hit the Windows key and capture a photo of that, or lets say I want to show someone my how I had my e-mail set-up so I want to be able to show them a particular settings page in my e-mail by taking a photo or what ever you call it of that particular page.

Yes. OK, let's try the start menu.
Move the cursor to the middle of the screen and watch it. Hit the windows logo, and then hit PrintScreen and watch the cursor!! If it blinks you did it right. If it blinks post and say that it blinked.

And if it works, open MSPaint, hit Ctrl + V (ctrl and v) and save the image as a .jpeg. Post a reply and further down it says Manage attachements, click it upload the .jpeg file you just made and hit close window and post the reply.

Miercaky

Okay it seemed to work, I did it like you said and it showed up in MS Paint and I uploaded it or at least I think it did. I just don't see on my post here? Let me know.

So if I was going to e-mail this to someone how do I do that?

Attachments

Miercaky

Is there a easy way to e-mail web photos? Also is there a way to show every thing that's on the page and not just what you're seeing?

Ok, I don't know what you mean by everything that is on the page, but if you use something like Yahoo Mail (it's the only 1 I know how to use :p), you can attach a file, and there you upload the picture as an attachment.

Well in Netscape and I am sure IE is the same just go to file, send page or send link and it will open you mail program.

On both it hads the link to that web page but on the send page it also attaches the page.

Also I can right click on any image and pick send image and it will attach it to a email.

HenryVI,

Yep but you have to be online to get all things in the page to show up.
Or you may not have to. Not all websites are the same so you never know.
I think IE does things in another way so it may to it better.
Now anotther then you can do is make a folder and then save the web page. It will save everything for you. But again you may need to be online if your saving a page that has ads etc because the page was made to go out to where every and get ads.

Miercaky

I found a way that's real easy! I simply find the (web) page I want to capture hit the Print Screen key go to my e-mail ( I have Thunderbird) bring up your e-mail as though you were composing a message and in the message box hit the Ctrl +V keys and the image is saved for you to mail.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online