Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberlink YouCam6 not working

1K views 30 replies 5 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a HP laptop Windows 10 and I'm having some issues with my webcam. Each time I start my computer a message pop up that my webcam stop working even if I'm not using it. I checked Device Manager and I see in "Other Device "Unknown Device" and in Control Panel under Devices I see a yellow triangle with an exclamation point, I ran Troubleshoot and I got the message "The device shown below errors... Doesn't have a driver - Unknown device - I don't see my device listed. I have no clue how to fix that...

Thanks for your help.

Serge

#2 ·
In Device Manager > Other Devices > right-click on Unknown Device > Properties > Details tab > click the dropdown arrow > Hardware Id's then click on the top line in the lower section to highlight it, press Ctrl+C to copy it and then paste it (Ctrl+V) into your next reply please.

#3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I followed your instructions but I can't find hardware in the drop down menu in the details tab. However in the General device status I saw this message :

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There are no compatible drivers for this device.
To find a driver for this device, click Update Drive

I won't be able to work on it for the rest of the day but I will check tomorrow if I get a reply from you.

Thanks again.

Serge

#7 ·
Hi,

This morning I open Device Manager again and this time I don't see other device anymore... However I see Camera - HP webcam and underneath USB video device with a yellow triangle and an exclamation point. I clicked update on USB video device and I got the message that the best drivers were already installed. I checked Properties and I read
"This device cannot start. (Code 10) The request is not supported." In the drop down menu I found Hardware Ids and underneath in value :usb\class_0e
In control panel in device I see my laptop with the same triangle and exclamation point and I clicked on troubleshoot and got the message I got yesterday "The device shown below have errors... USB device has a driver problem.

Serge

#14 ·
Flavallee,

Here's the information : HP Notebook - 15-af131dx (Energy Star)
Serial number : CND5414MTT
Product number : P1A95UA

I was using Skype the other day to chat with a friend and the light on my camera turned off a few minutes later and the friend I was talking to you couldn't see me anymore. And almost each time I start my computer a few minutes later the message "your webcam has stopped working" pops up

#18 ·
If you still see the 'Unknown Video Device' in Device Manager follow my instructions in post #2 for that and post the Hardware ID please. That should help to find the driver you need.

#19 ·
I don't see "Unknown Video Device" anymore but I see under "Camera -USB Video Device with the yellow triangle and exclamation point and when I click on Hardware ID here's the code I see in Value "usb\class_0e". I'm starting to think that the problem might not come from YouCam but I might have some corrupted files in Windows, what do you think about it?

#23 ·
It's up-to-date with RedStone 4 Version 1803.

Was the built-in webcam still working okay when RedStone 3 Version 1709 was installed?
The bi-annual upgrade from RS3 to RS4 has caused various hardware and software issues, especially with laptops.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

#24 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.