1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cyclic Redundancy Check

Discussion in 'Games' started by tinahangab, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tinahangab

tinahangab Thread Starter

I had bought the game Crysis a few months ago, and played its campaign to the end. Recently, I wanted to play the game's multiplayer, but when I started the setup, it kept giving me an error "can't read from file sounds.pak", and so I tried copying all files of the CD to the hard drive, and sure enough, one file gave an error 'Error copying file Sounds~1.cab. Cyclic Redundancy Check.' Since I don't want to buy the game again, and the warranty has long since expired, is there anything I can do? All other files from the CD-ROM were copied without a problem.

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

3. tinahangab

tinahangab Thread Starter

No luck, still the file is corrupted.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063292