1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cycling BSOD Windows 7 64 bit

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mathfast, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mathfast

mathfast Thread Starter

I'm having BSOD troubles, if anyone will lend an ear or sees this and can help, I'm asking for suggestions/insights/critiques/analyses/etc.

I have a Toshiba L305D S5938 laptop, with AMD Turion X2/AMD chipset (please see my equipment profile). I purchased the unit brand new on March 28, 2009 from local retail outlet. Factory image was Vista'd (product key came w/it but no restore CDs).

I completely wiped Vista for a fresh install of Ubuntu after using Vista for 1 week; 64 bit Ubuntu running on it since then until about 1 week ago when I re-formated HDD again and re-imaged w/fresh copy of Windows 7 64 bit so I could use some non open-source software. New image is not dual-boot. Fresh partitn. gave 30gb to windows/boot sector and the rest of 320gb free, both formatted. (windows only recognizes a portion of the total drive space of course).

Computer has not been the same since. Keep getting BSOD no matter how I attempt to solve problem, but continue troubleshooting in hope that systemic trial and error will reveal source of problem. Please see brief description here: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cgm?catid=2648&threadid=117468&highlight_key=y&keyword1=BSOD

This is same problem. Toggling back/forth between AHCI and 'Compatibility' modes seems to produce fewer BSODs, but unit eventually starts failing at disk.sys again anyway-->more BSOD.

BSOD produces arcane 0x00000000 (0xC00000001, 0x001003f0) and 'c000021a'. I have installed a minimum number of 3rd party programs, incld. superantispyware, bitzipper, Guitar_Pro 5 (ha), nothing else other than driver/downloads per Toshiba prodct. support. Have re-flashed BIOS firmware per Toshiba's latest, but Windows reports BIOS is current & no re-flashing of BIOS necess.

I find zero viruses.
    I find zero malware.
    Drivers are all evidently working (even if they did not pass signature).

THE BSOD problem goes back to the first moment when I removed GNU partitions for Linux (un-installed Linux). BSODing continually no matter whether I install release candidate Windows 7 64 bit or old version retail XP home edition 32 bit. Cannot get passed Knight Rider (Windows 'loading'), choosing F8 for boot debugging, etc., and pursuing various options there also evidently of no use.

Here is a dumpcheck file. Anyone with insight on how to interpret the info. in dumpcheck or how to get more info about what is. My initial theory: flawed firmware from M$.

Thanks to all in advance for taking the time to read and respond.

Attached Files:

2. mathfast

mathfast Thread Starter

3. mathfast

mathfast Thread Starter

I think I've completely lost every last bit of sanity or mental faculties I may have had in the last week sorry to be a blithering idiot noob I'll check back here just as soon as they let me out of the mental health treatment facility I'm gonna go check myself into.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Well there is nothing specific in the bugchecks -- both of which are identical >>

The nominal faulting driver is a core system memory manager -- but, more interestingly, the active process is a Session Manager Subsystem, and it occurs during the "winlogon" phase of booting>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_Manager_Subsystem

Were all the original chipset drivers reinstalled?

Moreover there is not really much running in the "backtrace" so this seems like a disk or configuration issue

You might try using the commands available in Bootrec to verify the current mbr and bootsector data. I am assuming this works the same in Win7 as in Vista >>

http://www.vista123.net/content/use-bootrecexe-tool-repair-startup-issues-vista

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/853016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice