1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

D and E drive got formatted while formatting C drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ronakdhoot, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ronakdhoot

Ronakdhoot Thread Starter

How can i recover my data on D drive and E drive which got formatted while formatting C drive?

2. Pijush

Pijush

Did you use the built-in drive formatter of windows or any data destruction software?
    If you used data destruction softwares like DBAN there is no way you can recover anything(at least I do not know the way).
    If you used the built-in drive formatter,there are freeware and paid softwares that can recover some of your files but it cannot recover everything in their original state.
    If there was any software setups that you installed where stored, check drive C:>. Usually softwares after installation store a copy of the setup in drive C:>.

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I've always had good luck with EaseUS Data Recovery. Most of the pay software will run in trial mode so that you can verify if any data is recoverable before you purchase.

You will also need another HDD, of equal size or larger than the drive you are trying to recover. DO NOT recover onto the same drive, or any other drive that you are wanting to try and recover data from.

And it's too late now, but whenever you are attempting a fresh install of Windows (or any other OS), always disconnect ALL other HDD's. Aside from protection from issues such as this one, depending on how the drives are connected, Windows will not always use just the C: drive. Which will cause issues later if you ever removed any of the other HDD's.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

In addition to the above [which is good info] ALWAYS have a current backup of important data. Data you do not backup is data you do not care about AND you should expect to lose said data.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1166939

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice